Get In Touch
Approved Suppliers For...
DJS Company News
- DJS Research Ltd Achieves Highest Combined Score on Government Procurement Framework for Market Research
Tue, 15th Apr 2014
DJS Research Ltd have outperformed numerous larger agencies to top the charts in the UK’s most wide-ranging market research ...... Read More
E-News Sign up
- UK Oil and Gas Sector Expects Jobs Growth
Mon, 7th Apr 2014
According to a report released by the Bank of Scotland, the oil and gas sector has the potential to ......Read More
- Survey Shows Wages Are Set To Rise in Oil and Gas Sector Due to Skills Shortage
Fri, 18th Oct 2013
Oil and gas companies have revealed that the average wage in the industry is set to rise by over ......Read More
- British Gas Are Set to Increase Prices in Time for Christmas
Thu, 17th Oct 2013
Recent publications are showing that energy giant, British Gas, is to increase prices for domestic customers, with a dual-fuel ......Read More
- Survey Finds Many Britons Being Overcharged by Energy Suppliers
Mon, 29th Oct 2012
Market research covering 2,000 adult Britons by Gocompare.com has revealed that energy companies owe millions of UK consumers ......Read More
- Market Research Finds Majority of Britons Keen on Solar Energy
Tue, 23rd Oct 2012
A survey of 1,734 people commissioned by The Sunday Times has shown that solar technology is the most ......Read More
- Market Research Results Predict Stable Gas Demand In EU For 2012
Tue, 9th Oct 2012
Demand for gas in the EU is expected to remain relatively stable in 2012 when compared to 2011, suggest ......Read More
- Market Research Shows That Fuel Prices Alter Driver Habits in Northern Ireland
Tue, 9th Oct 2012
A survey by the Consumer Council, which focussed on Northern Ireland, has revealed that rising fuel prices ......Read More
- Market Research Finds Huge Fall in Petrol Sales
Fri, 5th Oct 2012
The Department of Energy and Climate Change have found that nearly 500 million fewer litres of petrol were sold ......Read More
- Market Research Finds Electric Vehicles Increasingly Appealing to Britons
Tue, 21st Aug 2012
Published by Motor Trader and British Gas, a new survey has shown that many Britons would consider switching to ......Read More
- Report Provides Insight into Oil and Gas Market
Thu, 16th Aug 2012
Research findings from Oil & Gas UK’s Economic Report 2012 provide a detailed look at the UK oil and ......Read More
- Survey Finds British Motorists Suffer Worst Petrol Hike in Europe
Fri, 15th Jun 2012
A survey for the annual Post Office Travel Money’s Motoring On The Continent Report has uncovered the state of ......Read More
- Survey Finds Majority of Britons Struggling to Meet Rising Petrol Costs
Tue, 15th May 2012
A survey by car valuation company Glass.co.uk has revealed that many UK drivers are near ‘breaking point’ when it ......Read More
Market Research Finds Majority of Britons Keen on Solar EnergyAbout The Authors
23rd October 2012 09:29 - Oil and Gas
A survey of 1,734 people commissioned by The Sunday Times has shown that solar technology is the most popular form of energy generation favoured by Britons.
As many as 74% of the respondents who took part in the opinion poll want the Government to utilise more solar power to meet the country’s future energy needs.
Furthermore, in terms of measuring public acceptance of different energy generation technologies, the poll found that support for increased fossil fuel-generated energy is extremely low, with only 14.6% in favour of more gas, oil and coal-powered stations in Britain.
Meanwhile, support for more wind technology has risen to 56%, with 64% of those in the 16-24 demographic keen on more wind turbines in the UK.
The market research also showed that the public’s trust in energy companies is at an all-time low, with 58% believing that escalating utility bills are caused by profiteering energy companies.
When the surveyants were asked if forcing consumers to meet the cost of hitting carbon targets through subsidies on their energy bills was the right way forward, 74% claimed they felt the practice is unjustified.
We hope that you have found this article useful. This section is freely available for all to use. Please help support it by liking us or following us on our social media platforms:
For updated Oil and Gas insights please follow us on @DJS_Oil_Gas or use our RSS feed